Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I will bet you have never had Mac & Cheese like this... I know I haven't, but cannot wait to try it. Another recipe gleaned from www.ilovepickles.com in my search for ways to use up juices I used to just toss. Time is a guess-timate and does not include pasta cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- In large saucepan over low heat, whisk together flour and pickle juice.
- Bring to a simmer; whisk until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat; whisk in ricotta and blend until smooth.
- Blend in cheddar and Parmesan.
- Stir in pasta and reheat over very low heat or transfer to a baking dish and bake in oven at 325°F for 20 minutes.