Recipe by Prose
This is an easy vegan dinner that satisfies. Get creative with it. Here cooking time is for draining/marinating tofu.
Top Review by YiayiaMouse
Thanks for the opportunity to try something new, Prose. This was very easy to put together and I always appreciate that. The pesto seemed a bit overwhelming for us (I only used 5oz) and it was really all we tasted. So, if I were to make this again it would need to be doctored a bit -- perhaps sun dried tomatoes or pine nuts or something. MADE FOR PAC FALL 07
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups macaroni
- 8 ounces pesto sauce
- 8 ounces Italian dressing (optional)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional) or 4 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For best results, drain tofu by wrapping in paper towels and placing under heavy object for at least 30 minutes. For extra flavor, marinate for 30 minutes (or overnight) in Italian dressing (store-bought or homemade).
- Boil pasta for 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, sauté tofu in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until brown. You can add a little chopped garlic and/or onion while sautéing for extra flavor.
- Drain pasta. Toss with pesto and tofu.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.
- For vegan use the vegan cheese option.