Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great comfort food. I love this on a cold winter evening with some bread and a glass of red wine.
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- italian seasoning (mix of oregano, basil, parsley)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 14 ounces water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 lb macaroni
- Saute onions in olive oil. When onions are soft, saute garlic quickly.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/2 can water.
- Add seasonings to your taste. (I prefer a lot of red pepper to make the sauce hot).
- Simmer covered for about 45 minutes. Add peas during last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Prepare macaroni (elbows or small shells) as directed on box.
- Serve in a big bowl with lots of sauce. I prefer it as a soupy pasta. Add grated cheese. Delicious with bread and a glass of wine.