This is great comfort food. I love this on a cold winter evening with some bread and a glass of red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in olive oil. When onions are soft, saute garlic quickly.
- 2Add tomato sauce and 1/2 can water.
- 3Add seasonings to your taste. (I prefer a lot of red pepper to make the sauce hot).
- 4Simmer covered for about 45 minutes. Add peas during last 20 minutes of cooking.
- 5Prepare macaroni (elbows or small shells) as directed on box.
- 6Serve in a big bowl with lots of sauce. I prefer it as a soupy pasta. Add grated cheese. Delicious with bread and a glass of wine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 20.7 g