Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great comfort food. I love this on a cold winter evening with some bread and a glass of red wine.
- Saute onions in olive oil. When onions are soft, saute garlic quickly.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/2 can water.
- Add seasonings to your taste. (I prefer a lot of red pepper to make the sauce hot).
- Simmer covered for about 45 minutes. Add peas during last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Prepare macaroni (elbows or small shells) as directed on box.
- Serve in a big bowl with lots of sauce. I prefer it as a soupy pasta. Add grated cheese. Delicious with bread and a glass of wine.