1/2 Photos of Macaroni and Hot Dogs
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Eva Smith. The printed version of this recipe makes me giggle because there is a typo where the hot dogs are called 'hot gods'. Eva didn't specify serving yield, so I am guessing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in Dutch oven.
- 2Cut hot dogs in half and then into small pieces.
- 3Simmer onion, pepper and hot dogs in butter for about 10 minutes or until brown.
- 4Sprinkle macaroni over top.
- 5Add salt, tomatoes and water.
- 6Cover; bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 12 minutes).
- 8Stir in cheese and simmer until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.1
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1935.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: