Recipe by ladyroseofrohan
I make this with vegetarian protein links, but the original recipe in Better Homes and Gardens of course called for normal hot dogs. This is very easy and works best if the cooked macaroni is still warm when you add it. This recipe is very starchy so serve with green vegetables and additional protein.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macaroni
- 16 ounces corn
- 2 stalks celery
- 12 ounces vegetarian hot dogs or 12 ounces hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 11 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni with the salt in 1/2 quart of water. Empty into a colander to drain. Drain the corn, if canned.
- Chop celery and protein links into bite size pieces. Melt margarine in skillet, and add celery. When softened, add protein links.
- When protein links begin to sizzle, add tomato soup and chili powder, and stir for about 10 minutes to heat through, then add macaroni and corn. Simmer 5 minutes.