1/4 Photos of Macaroni and Fontina Cheese
My husband loves Mac 'n Cheese, I don't. I found this recipe on the back of a box of elbows and adapted it to suit us both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 2 quart casserole dish.
- 2Cook macaroni, drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- 3Add macaroni to casserole dish.
- 4Sauté onions in butter, over medium heat, until translucent and tender.
- 5Stir in flour and salt, stirring constantly.
- 6Slowly add milk stirring constantly to blend.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add Fontina cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- 9Mix together gently, and pour into casserole dish, and mix with macaroni.
- 10Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake at 350° F 30-35 minutes, or until heated through and golden on the top.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Fontina Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 541.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g