Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another great meal-in-one.
- 7 1⁄4 ounces prepared macaroni and cheese, cooked
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a greased 2 quart baking dish, combine mac-n-cheese, soup, chicken and milk.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This is a comfort food that brings back memories of the carefree, starving-student days! Of course, back then I could make the whole thing for what just the can of soup costs now. I used to use tuna, but like this version with chicken. I also used Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom, to make this a little healthier :)
CB - I used to make this so often many years ago and had totally forgotten about this method of casserole. My kids (who never have had it before since it has been that many years) really enjoyed the mix of mac and cheese and chicken! I did add a generous sprinkling of garlic pepper when mixing everthing. Worked out great for our busy soccer practice night dinner. We ate at different times and after the initial baking, I just covered it with aluminum foil and kept in the oven at 150F and it worked out great! Made for Fall PAC 2008.