Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This combination of Macaroni and Eggs with an Indian flair is one of my favorite foods. My aunt makes this one for me all the time. She taught me the recipe as well....I hope u like it as much as I do..
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 5 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 egg yolks, 6 whites Eggs
- 2 onions (Chopped)
- 3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- Cook elbows first- In a large pot pour water and bring to a rolling boil. Add 1.5tsp of salt and 2tsp oil. Add elbows and stir. Do not cover. Cook for 8-9 minutes or less if directed on box. Drain pasta. Add butter and set aside. Note: Margarine can be used here instead of butter or not at all.
- Beat eggs thoroughly with a fork. Set Aside.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, let them spurt. Then add urad and channa dal. Stir ocassionally till light brown.
- Add onions. When translucent, add green chillies. Add turmeric powder, if desired(I don't).
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well. Add the other 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add eggs and keep turning till cooked- scramble the eggs, make the pieces really small.
- Add egg preparation to pasta and mix well.