Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my aunt's recipes and one of my favorite dishes. I love the way this dish is easy to make and is a different twist to pasta.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (I prefer Ronzoni by any brand is as good as the next one)
- 8 -10 eggs (2 whole, rest only whites)
- 2 small onions (finely chopped)
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 4 -6 quarts water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 9 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine or 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil. Add 1.5 tsp of salt and 2 tsp of oil.
- Add elbows and stir. Without reducing flame or covering cook for about 8-9 minutes. COOK FOR NO MORE THAN 9 MINS!
- Drain the pasta and add butter/margarine and set aside.
- In another pan, heat remaining oil. When hot, add mustard and let it burst. Then add urad dal and channa dal.
- When urad dal and channa dal are browned, add onions and sautee till translucent. Add green chillies, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and rest of salt.
- Add eggs and keep stirring to make eggs scrambled.
- Now, add the eggs to the pasta and mix well. Serve hot!
- Tips: The pasta doesn't necessarily have to be elbows- other kinds of pasta can be used. Preferably not angel hair or noodles. If you want to use more egg yolks you can- if you do, you can reduce the amount of Turmeric powder.