Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
These little pancakes can be filled with whatever veg you want. I keep meaning to try them as mac and cheese cakes but never get round to it, if you try it let me know how it is.
- 2 corn on the cob
- 60 g butter
- 115 g bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 285 g short cut macaroni
- 150 ml double cream
- 25 g flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the corn cobs in boiling water for about 8 minutes Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove the kernels with a knife and leave to dry.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan and cook the peppers over a low heat for 5 minutes Drain and set aside.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water for 12 minutes until al dente. Drain and cool in cold water.
- Beat the egg, cream, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add the peppers and corn and stir well.
- Shake any water off the pasta and stir into the batter.
- Heat the remaining butter and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot pan pressing down into a pancake shape. turn over once the bottom is golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot.