Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this combination of pasta and vegetables in a mustard-spiced yoghurt dressing - you'll never crave the heavy version again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked macaroni, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 300 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- In large bowl blend yoghurt, Miracle Whip, mustard, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, onions, carrot, celery and macaroni; toss to combine.
- Chill until serving time.
I loved this macaroni salad, though I have to say I did not pay attention to the portions, just through things in until it looked right to me. Skipped the mustard for my taste and added some apple cider vinegar. The crunch of the veggies is key (and I would say the vinegar is too).
Excellent flavor without all the fat usually associated with pasta salads. Added 1 small yellow squash, cut up, and left out the celery seed and celery.