Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very flavorful casserole, a favorite weeknight supper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed American cheese
- 14 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In large pan, melt butter; stir in flour.
- Add milk and broth; stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Add macaroni and next 4 ingredients.
- Pour into 3 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Inez, what a nifty casserole! I made this one evening on my camping trip. After a long day on the road, it was so easy to assemble and bake. It was a lovely brown coming out of the oven, and the whole crew loved the creamy, cheesey taste. A really good recipe that I plan on using again. I left the printed recipe in the rv so I can use it there too. Thanks!
I made this recipe last night for supper, as it was cold and rainy here, and I wanted macaroni and cheese :) This recipe was delicious...It was easy to prepare, as I used left over chicken from dinner the night before...It was thick and creamy with cheese...gooey, just the way I love it..Instead of the green peppers, I added broccoli to mine. It was just GREAT!!! I would definately make this again, as my son loved it too! Thank you for another way to go with macaroni :)
This was really yummy. I love Macaroni and cheese and this was total comfort food! It came out perfect and was so creamy and cheesy. I used leftover chicken from the night before. It sounds like the other reveiwer who didn't like this probably really overcooked her chicken and noodles. I only cooked the noodles until al dente and I used Kraft velveeta cubes and it came out great. Thanks for the recipe :)