Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook's Note:
This is a vegan version of Macaroni and Cheese adapted from the book, Breaking The Food Seduction by Neal Barnard, M.D. I prefer it over low-fat versions of real Macaroni and Cheese. I make several batches of the dry ingredients in baggies to have on hand. I like to serve it with steamed broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 2Toast over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- 3Gradually whisk in wet ingredients.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly with a wire whisk until thick, bubbly, and smooth.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheesy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 378.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.8 g