Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a vegan version of Macaroni and Cheese adapted from the book, Breaking The Food Seduction by Neal Barnard, M.D. I prefer it over low-fat versions of real Macaroni and Cheese. I make several batches of the dry ingredients in baggies to have on hand. I like to serve it with steamed broccoli.
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml nutritional yeast flakes
- 2.46 ml salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml paprika (I use hot)
- 473.18 ml unsweetened soymilk
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml prepared mustard (I use no-salt-added stone ground)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Toast over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Gradually whisk in wet ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly with a wire whisk until thick, bubbly, and smooth.