Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderfully sweet tomato flavored macaroni and cheese. Little twist on a classic favorite!
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese With Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- FOR MACARONI AND CHEESE: In med sauce-pan slowly melt cubed cheese over med/low heat taking care not to burn the cheese.
- After cheese is melted, add 1 tbsp of flour and the butter, stirring till mixed through; slowly add milk to mixture.
- Meanwhile cook noodles according to pkg/drain.
- In large mixing bowl or pot used to cook noodles mix noodles and cheese till all noodles are covered.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into baking dish and top with sliced American cheese. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbly.
- FOR TOMATO SAUCE: Best to prepare this 5-10 minutes before macaroni is done baking.
- Empty 16 ounce can of tomatoes into medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining tbsp of flour and 8 tbsp of sugar.
- Stir continually for 2-3 minutes.
- Bring just to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Serve over hot macaroni and cheese.