Recipe by Donna H
This recipe is from my mother, it can easily be doubled and freezes well. Definite comfort food, my kids love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups evaporated milk (I use 2, 5 oz. cans and add enough milk to make 2 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) box prepared macaroni and cheese (not sure of exact size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 7 ingredients, make into meatballs and brown in a skillet with oil.
- While meatballs are browning prepare macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the box.
- When meatballs are brown remove to a greased 9 inch casserole dish.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk, mix well.
- Add prepared macaroni and cheese to soup mixture and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Can be frozen after baking.