Recipe by mollypaul
A savory and delicious way to use up leftover ham from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Simple ingredients that most everyone has on hand. I did not do the layering as mentioned, but mixed together the noodles, ham, creamcheese and butter all together and then poured the egg mix over all. Made for Andi's Farm Cooking~
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb ham, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water to al dente stage.
- While macaroni is cooking, preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking dish.
- Drain macaroni well and layer in prepared baking dish with ham and cream cheese, dotting each layer of macaroni with butter.
- Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Beat eggs and milk together; add melted butter and lemon peel.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Place filled baking pan in a larger pan of hot water and bake for 30 minutes.