Macaroni and Cheese With Ham
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and ham until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook, whisking, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese just until melted.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce and stir to combine. Pour into 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Broil until browned, about 3 minutes.