Macaroni and Cheese With Broccoli and Chicken
- Heat a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute a couple of minutes then add onion and chives and cook another 6 minutes until onions are tender and chicken is cooked through. Turn off heat and reserve.
- In a separate pot boil water, add pasta and salt. Cook 5 minutes, then add broccoli and cook 3 minutes more or until pasta is cooked to al dente and the broccoli is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add butter and melt, then add flour, cayenne and garlic and whisk together over heat until it thickens, then cook a minute more. Whisk in milk, heavy cream and stock and raise heat to bring the sauce to a quick boil. Simmer until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Drain macaroni and broccoli florets. Add back to the pot and add chicken to the pasta and broccoli.
- Add cheese to milk sauce and stir. Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Put pasta in a 9" x 13" glass baking pan. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and broil for 5 minutes.