Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Tomato
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 1/12 quart baking dish.
- Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs; shake to coat dish evenly.
- Heat large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Whisk inflour; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add nutmeg; cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk all at once.
- Heat to boil; simmer, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add sauce to pasta, mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Add tomatoes and bacon in an even layer.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the remaining bread crumbs with olive oil in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over macaroni.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes.