1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Generously butter a 1/12 quart baking dish.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs; shake to coat dish evenly.
- 4Heat large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 5Cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- 7Place in large bowl.
- 8Melt butter in large saucepan.
- 9Whisk inflour; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 10Add nutmeg; cook 1 minute.
- 11Whisk in milk all at once.
- 12Heat to boil; simmer, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- 15Add sauce to pasta, mix well.
- 16Spoon 1/2 mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 17Add tomatoes and bacon in an even layer.
- 18Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- 19Combine 1/2 cup of the remaining bread crumbs with olive oil in small bowl.
- 20Sprinkle over macaroni.
- 21Bake until golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.4
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 1026.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 32.2 g