Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the bacon, cheese AND chipotle lovers.
- 453.59 g package elbow macaroni or 453.59 g packageother short pasta
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 103.53 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml spicy brown mustard
- 226.79 g packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 44.37 ml chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 slice cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and half the cheese. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in chiles, bacon, and remaining cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until very hot. Broil for 1 minute to brown top, if desired.