Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the bacon, cheese AND chipotle lovers.
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon and Chipotles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) packageother short pasta
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and half the cheese. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in chiles, bacon, and remaining cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until very hot. Broil for 1 minute to brown top, if desired.