Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the bacon, cheese AND chipotle lovers.
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon and Chipotles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) packageother short pasta
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and half the cheese. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in chiles, bacon, and remaining cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until very hot. Broil for 1 minute to brown top, if desired.