1 hr 5 mins
For the bacon, cheese AND chipotle lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) package other short pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and half the cheese. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thick.
- 4Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in chiles, bacon, and remaining cheese. Mix well.
- 5Transfer to baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until very hot. Broil for 1 minute to brown top, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon and Chipotles
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.0
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 841.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo