Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I found I want to try out on my toddler. Just tried this out on my toddler and it was delicious! Everyone loved it, no one would EVER guess what's hidden!!
- 10 -12 ounces elbow macaroni (or other short pasta shape such as cavatappi)
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mustard powder
- black pepper
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, puree the tofu until perfectly smooth in a food processor or blender.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain it and return to the pot over medium heat.
- Add blended tofu, cheese, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until heated through and all the cheese it melted.
- VARIATION: Bake in a casserole dish at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and crusty.
Delicious! I modified to fit my tastes: -Instead of 12 oz silken tofu, used 8 oz silken tofu (left over from another recipe) -Instead of 2 cups cheddar, used ~1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup blue cheese -Added 24 oz sauteed mushrooms -Added fresh thyme and scallions Thank you!
i made a few variations - used 8 oz. tofu shirataki noodles (since that's what i have around), cut all the other ingredients in half (except used 1 1/2 cups of cheddar), omitted the mustard powder, since i didn't have it. i'll be making this again