Recipe by Codychop
A recipe I found I want to try out on my toddler. Just tried this out on my toddler and it was delicious! Everyone loved it, no one would EVER guess what's hidden!!
Top Review by jo_mama
Delicious! I modified to fit my tastes: -Instead of 12 oz silken tofu, used 8 oz silken tofu (left over from another recipe) -Instead of 2 cups cheddar, used ~1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup blue cheese -Added 24 oz sauteed mushrooms -Added fresh thyme and scallions Thank you!
- 10 -12 ounces elbow macaroni (or other short pasta shape such as cavatappi)
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mustard powder
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, puree the tofu until perfectly smooth in a food processor or blender.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain it and return to the pot over medium heat.
- Add blended tofu, cheese, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until heated through and all the cheese it melted.
- VARIATION: Bake in a casserole dish at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and crusty.