Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This creamy, cheesy mac & cheese gets a kick with a hint of beer and Greek yogurt and bacon add to its appeal. This is go-to comfort food heaven.
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 532.32 ml milk
- 177.44 ml amber beer
- 59.14 ml Greek yogurt
- 56.69 g package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 473.18 ml shredded Fontina cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 44.37 ml chives, minced
- 6 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook your macaroni following package directions to al dente, drain.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat butter on medium.
- Add garlic and cook for about one minute, add flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, beer and yogurt until smooth, add dip mix and stir.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to low. Stir in 1 1/2 C cheddar, all the fontina and 1/2 the Parmesan. Stir until melted. Add chives.
- To a large baking dish. Spray with cooking spray. Add macaroni, cover with the sauce. Stir to distribute the sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 C cheddar and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 F for about 20 minutes until golden and melt-y. Top with bacon bits. Let stand for 5-8 minutes. Serve.
Lots of flavor here. I cut recipe in half with no problems. I subbed Edam cheese for the Fontina. Good with the bacon, but would be just as good without if you don't want the extra fat and salt.