1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese With a Kick! #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This creamy, cheesy mac & cheese gets a kick with a hint of beer and Greek yogurt and bacon add to its appeal. This is go-to comfort food heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 532.32 ml milk
- 177.44 ml amber beer
- 59.14 ml Greek yogurt
- 56.69 g package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 473.18 ml shredded Fontina cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 44.37 ml chives, minced
- 6 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1Cook your macaroni following package directions to al dente, drain.
- 2In a large heavy saucepan, heat butter on medium.
- 3Add garlic and cook for about one minute, add flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4Gradually whisk in the milk, beer and yogurt until smooth, add dip mix and stir.
- 5Bring to a boil and turn down to low. Stir in 1 1/2 C cheddar, all the fontina and 1/2 the Parmesan. Stir until melted. Add chives.
- 6To a large baking dish. Spray with cooking spray. Add macaroni, cover with the sauce. Stir to distribute the sauce.
- 7Sprinkle with 1/2 C cheddar and the remaining Parmesan.
- 8Bake uncovered at 400 F for about 20 minutes until golden and melt-y. Top with bacon bits. Let stand for 5-8 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese With a Kick! #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 743.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix