Recipe by carden41
This is the ultimate comfort food ever. This was my grandma's recipe passed down from my mother to me. Best thing is that it tastes even better reheated. Enjoy !
- 1 (1 lb) boxlong macaroni, uncut
- 1 (48 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 5 big yellow onions
- 1 (2 lb) package sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the long macaroni al dente and set aside.
- Dice the onions or put in food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add the tomato juice, tomato soup (do not add water), salt and pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes (until the flavors blend).
- Spread out the cooked macaroni in 2 (13 x 9) dishes and pour the tomato and oignon mixture over the macaroni.
- Make sure that everything is well coated.
- Cut the block of cheese in 1 inches squares (grate some for the top) and insert randomly in the mixture (push each square in the macaroni with your fingers).
- Put the reserve grated cheese on top of the dishes and pour a little milk over the cheese (that's how my grandmother did it).
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until bubbly.