Recipe by Mama2Three
You'll never believe quick and easy casserole calls for a box of macaroni and cheese!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 1/23/10 for mine and SO's dinner. I cheated a bit when making this recipe, leftovers from Recipe#107514 was used. And for the taco seasoning, Recipe#199955 was used. The cheese that was used for this recipe, was a blend of six different types of Mexican cheese. My SO and both thought that this could be " Kicked Up " a bit. If this is made again, I'm going to add some crushed red pepper flakes when cooking the ground beef. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 (14 ounce) package macaroni (KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (I like sharp cheddar, but any cheese will do)
- 1 cup salsa (Any is fine, I only have used green)
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 minute.
- STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
- BAKE 15 minute Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted.