Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
You'll never believe quick and easy casserole calls for a box of macaroni and cheese!
- 1 (14 ounce) package macaroni (KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (I like sharp cheddar, but any cheese will do)
- 1 cup salsa (Any is fine, I only have used green)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 minute.
- STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
- BAKE 15 minute Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted.
I made this on 1/23/10 for mine and SO's dinner. I cheated a bit when making this recipe, leftovers from Southern Macaroni Pie was used. And for the taco seasoning, Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning Mix was used. The cheese that was used for this recipe, was a blend of six different types of Mexican cheese. My SO and both thought that this could be " Kicked Up " a bit. If this is made again, I'm going to add some crushed red pepper flakes when cooking the ground beef. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Definitely quick and easy - and tasty too. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, but otherwise made as directed. This had a really nice flavor that really surprised me. Thanks.