Top Review by BamaBelle30
I made these for dinner last night. I had to add an extra 3/4 cup of water to allow the pasta to cook without burning. These tacos are definitely different. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, mx (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) packagekraft macaroni and cheese mix
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 6 -8 hard taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or use any amout desired)
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- taco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until browned; drain fat.
- Add in water, taco seasoning, salsa, the cheese package and pasta from the Macaroni and Cheese; mix well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the macaroni is fork-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling/pasta between the taco shells.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese then chopped tomatoes.
- Drizzle with taco sauce if desired.