Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a treasure. It is so good you'll want to eat a couple! It is a good way to use leftover mac and cheese; be sure to heat it before using. Or bake up a frozen tray specially for this dish.. This makes a nice luncheon dish. It is also a very good side dish at dinner. This little dish has lots of possibilities! I got this recipe from Janey (now known as Appy Girl) at TOHBB.
- 12 ounces macaroni and cheese
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Hollow out the tomatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch wall. Place in a round cake pan.
- Combine he hot macaroni and cheese, bacon and onions. Fill the tomatoes.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter. Sprinkle on top of the macaroni and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.