Recipe by MommyMakes
I used to make this recipe as a kid, it is very good and very easy. You can use any macaroni and cheese you have on hand.
- 340.19 g package frozen macaroni and cheese, fully cooked (I use Stouffer's)
- 4 large fresh tomatoes
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml fresh breadcrumbs or 59.14 ml crushed cracker crumb
- 29.58 ml shredded cheese
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Hollow out tomatoes, leaving 1/4 inch wall around sides and bottom. Place in a dish to prevent tipping. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Macaroni and Cheese, bacon, and onion in a bowl and fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter, sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each tomato.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted.