Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to make this recipe as a kid, it is very good and very easy. You can use any macaroni and cheese you have on hand.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese, fully cooked (I use Stouffer's)
- 4 large fresh tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- Hollow out tomatoes, leaving 1/4 inch wall around sides and bottom. Place in a dish to prevent tipping. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Macaroni and Cheese, bacon, and onion in a bowl and fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter, sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each tomato.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted.