A mix of stir-fried chicken and veggies, and macaroni and cheese. Sounds strange, but I like that the stir fried veggies are still crisp. This is more of a casserole, but with not "soggy" veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, skinned, boned, and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup carrot, scraped and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups American cheese, shredded (6 oz....you can use other types of cheese, but American melts better and is less stringy than chedda)
- 1Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- 2Cook the peas according to package directions. Drain well and set aside. (I just add them to the macaroni towards the end of the cooking time).
- 3Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large Dutch oven or wok. Add the chicken, garlic, and bouillon granules; stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- 4Add the remaining 2 tbsp butter, broccoli, onion, red bell pepper, carrots, tarragon, and lemon-pepper.; stir fry for 1 minute. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender. Stir in reserved macaroni, peas, chicken, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- 5Combine flour and 1 tbsp milk; stir until it is smooth. Gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until blended. Add the milk mixture to the macaroni mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 239.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: