COMFORT FOOD!! A creamy cheese soup which will satisfy big appetites! There is a hug in every spoonful! Noodles, cheese and veggies all add to the goodness of this soup.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups milk
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup frozen baby green pea
- salt and pepper
- Boil macaroni noodles in unsalted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add carrots, celery and onion. Sautee lightly for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven, combine milk and cheese. Simmer on low heat just until cheese melts. Add chicken broth slowly.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch in water until a smooth paste; stir slowly into milk mixture. Cook until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Into dutch oven stir in chicken, macaroni noodles, vegetable mixture, corn and peas. Simmer 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Ladle and sprinkle with cheese. Serve and enjoy!