1/2 Photos of Macaroni and Cheese Soup With Chicken
Seasoned Cook's Note:
COMFORT FOOD!! A creamy cheese soup which will satisfy big appetites! There is a hug in every spoonful! Noodles, cheese and veggies all add to the goodness of this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups milk
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen baby green pea
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil macaroni noodles in unsalted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add carrots, celery and onion. Sautee lightly for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a large dutch oven, combine milk and cheese. Simmer on low heat just until cheese melts. Add chicken broth slowly.
- 4In a small bowl combine cornstarch in water until a smooth paste; stir slowly into milk mixture. Cook until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 5Into dutch oven stir in chicken, macaroni noodles, vegetable mixture, corn and peas. Simmer 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- 6Ladle and sprinkle with cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Soup With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 674.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g