Recipe by Ridgely
Easy, good comfort food. I used Rotel tomatoes and came out with a nice and spicy soup that the family loved! From the cookbook "Kitchen Life" by Art Smith.
Top Review by *Parsley*
You wouldn't imagine how fantastic this tastes by the list of ordinary ingredients. It's not to runny and not to thick. It's cheesy with just the right amount of tomato flavor. Kids and adults will LOVE this! I'll be making this often. Thanx!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the macaroni and cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat the broth and the tomatoes to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in the Velveeta until melted.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and heat through.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and then add hot sauce.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese if desires.