Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe in my Sunday paper and had to make it right away. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 small red bell peppers or 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Cook the elbow macaroni until al dente and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt and mustard together.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the macaroni mixture.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours to mix flavors.
I really liked this salad. It was so good. It was crunch and creamy, and I especially liked the Tarragon vinegar in it. It is a simple and easy salad to put together. I made it just like you directed. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
This is delicious. We loved it! It was a wonderful addition to our crockpot pork roast sandwiches. Wonderful! I will be making this again. Thank you for a great recipe.
My DH loves the macaroni salad at the deli because it has cheese in it. I searched the recipes here and lo and behold I found your version and it was a big hit. I followed the recipe exactly. It has a very creamy texture and the cheese gives it extra flavour. Will definately make again.