Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from recipegoldmine.com. Time to prepare is estimated and does not include cooking time for the macaroni.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces low-fat sharp cheddar cheese (9 2/3-ounce slices)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- In a deep 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray, layer 1/3 of the macaroni, 1/2 of the onion and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with macaroni.
- Whisk milk, broth, flour, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper until well blended. Pour over layers.
- Mic bread crumbs and margarine. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 375* for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Very good recipe. My family enjoyed it and I was glad that it was healthy.