Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on Whisked Foodie and it sounds delicious!
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese (Plus Hidden Vegetables) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat macaroni
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 medium yellow squash, peeled, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch casserole dish.
- Cook noodles according to package and drain.
- Combine cooked noodles, vegetables, 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese, yogurt, milk, oil, and egg in a large pot; stir well to mix.
- Spread mixture evenly in to dish. Top with remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese. Bake until it is bubbly and golden, about 30-40 minutes.