Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here’s a fun and flavorful dish that will please those who like pizza and macaroni and cheese. It will likely top the popularity poll for most requested recipes. Feel free to experiment with other pizza toppings, such as diced green peppers.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, DRAINED
- 29 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup additional cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, beat the eggs; stir in cheddar cheese and macaroni. Spread onto a greased 14 inch pizza pan. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce; mix well.
- Spread over macaroni crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, pepperoni and Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Country Woman.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!! I would totally make this pizza again and again! I did make a few adjustments. Since I do not have a 14 inch pizza pan, I decided to use my 9.5 inch tart pan for this pizza. As a result, ground beef and pizza sauce were halved. Instead of using canned mushrooms, I used fresh ones. Added 1/2 tsp dried oregano in the beef. Also randomly placed a few parsley leaves on top of the pizza. Next time, I will try with different pizza toppings! Thank you so much for posting! Love this recipe!
loved it...real easy to make.
This isn't quite what I was expecting. I was expecting a much more cheesy texture like true mac and cheese. It's more like a layered casserole. Still good, just not what I was hoping for.