1/4 Photos of Macaroni and Cheese Pea Salad
Made from boxed macaroni&cheese dinner. The cheese/macaroni mixture gives this a unique twist to typical macaroni salad. I've never made it from homemade cheese & macaroni, but I imagine it would work fine. Sometimes I use leftover macaroni & cheese dinner and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly. This is one of our quick and easy family favorites. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) box macaroni & cheese dinner mix (we use Kraft brand, but store brands are fine also)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (you can substitute with your favorite cold salad seasoning.)
- 1Cook macaroni & cheese dinner per box directions; cool. (If you're using leftover macaroni, adjust the remaining ingredients accordingly).
- 2Add chopped eggs, celery, onion, green onion to cooled macaroni & cheese.
- 3Stir in mayonnaise and seasonings.
- 4Gently stir in thawed peas and season to taste.
- 5As with all salads, season to taste.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 499.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper