Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From recipelion.com, posted for safekeeping.
- 4 ounces cooked macaroni
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup fine soft bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package.
- Mix together pasta, hamburger, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, green pepper, cheese, salt and pepper. Shape into loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
This was really filling and tasted great! I probably need some work on my shaping skills as it didn't entirely look like a loaf, but nobody complained as they were too busy eating it! I loved the fact this was two of my favourite things combined into one dish - great cold the next day as well!
This was a hit with the family! I made this as listed, skipping the green pepper. I cooked the macaroni for about 4 minutes and it ended up pretty soft in the meatloaf. I would probably barely cook the mac next time. But it was great regardless! The flavours were spot-on and no one added any ketchup to it. Bonus! I will be asked to make this again and again! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks smellyvegetarian! :)