Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband made this dish for me and I watched him with an extremely skeptical look on my face. I didn't like Spam and the whole maple syrup thing just sounded weird. Boy, was I ever wrong. The sweetness of the syrup and the saltiness of the Spam are one of the best flavor combinations.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can Spam
- maple syrup
- Make macaroni and cheese per instructions on box.
- Slice Spam into 1/4" thick slices.
- Coat fry pan (non-stick works best) with maple syrup and lay slices of Spam in it.
- Fry until Spam is golden and crispy on the edges.
I was craving spam mac and cheese and this sounded great! I would make it with the velveeta shells and cheese or even homemade mac...
sticks to your teeth.. yuk