Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A kid pleaser from Kraft Food and Family magazine.
- 3 hot dogs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) packagekraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook hot dogs in medium skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in water, milk and Macaroni. Bring to boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until Macaroni is tender.
- Add Cheese Sauce Mix and butter; cook and stir until heated through.
This recipe is Fool proof! It is so quick, easy, and satisfying late in the evening when your hungry but you just really don't want to have to REALLY cook something for dinner... Sometimes I substitute 1/2 cup of heavy cream instead of the milk for a creamier mac!
My DH loved this... he likes most "kid pleasers" though. ;) But I loved it too! This was great on a night when we were running out of groceries and wanted something quick but filling. Thanks for sharing!
5 stars is a must with this one. I had a house full of children and made Hot Dog Mac and Cheese with stove top Baked Beans. I want you to know they ate each and every bit of everything in each pot. Thank You...Hugs