Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best I've tried!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
Cook the above as instructed in step 2 below then add
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Next stir in
- 10 ounces dried corkscrew macaroni, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup crushed butter flavored cracker, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Stir in flour until combined. Next add milk. Let cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Finally add in bouillon.
- Add the softened cream cheese and the shredded cheddar to the white sauce. Cook and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Drain pasta and combine with cheese sauce.
- Melt butter and add to crushed crackers.
- Transfer pasta to a greased casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for about 30 minutes until the edges are bubbly.