Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
This is a great, easy macaroni that you can whip up in about 20 minutes. It can easily be scaled to make larger servings too. This serving is enough to feed a girl, but not enough to feed a hungry man. Definitely double it for that! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat macaroni (dry pasta, 1/2c)
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoured margarine or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pinch minced garlic
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk or 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon skim milk powder (or sub the skim milk and powder for evaporated milk)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- combine skim milk and skim milk powder in a small bowl and mix to dissolve; set aside.
- boil water, and cook pasta as directed.
- meanwhile, melt margarine in a small saucepan.
- add seasonings, then flour and whisk.
- add milk from the small bowl, and whisk until combined.
- increase heat, in boil until thickened. turn down heat.
- add cheese, mix until melted.
- add cooked pasta, mix, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.