I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is a great, easy macaroni that you can whip up in about 20 minutes. It can easily be scaled to make larger servings too. This serving is enough to feed a girl, but not enough to feed a hungry man. Definitely double it for that! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat macaroni (dry pasta, 1/2c)
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoured margarine or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pinch minced garlic
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/3 cup skim milk or 1/3 cup milk or 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon skim milk powder (or sub the skim milk and powder for evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese or 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1combine skim milk and skim milk powder in a small bowl and mix to dissolve; set aside.
- 2boil water, and cook pasta as directed.
- 3meanwhile, melt margarine in a small saucepan.
- 4add seasonings, then flour and whisk.
- 5add milk from the small bowl, and whisk until combined.
- 6increase heat, in boil until thickened. turn down heat.
- 7add cheese, mix until melted.
- 8add cooked pasta, mix, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese for One (Low Fat and Healthy Version Too)
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 506.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g