Delicious homemade mac and cheese for one person
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese for One recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an oven-proof soup crock or 1 cup baking dish.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Stir in the macaroni; boil until cooked but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well, and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and milk; whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in 1/3 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Stir in the cooked macaroni. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the macaroni is heated through, about 10 minutes.