Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious homemade mac and cheese for one person
- 3 tablespoons uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an oven-proof soup crock or 1 cup baking dish.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Stir in the macaroni; boil until cooked but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well, and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and milk; whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in 1/3 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Stir in the cooked macaroni. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the macaroni is heated through, about 10 minutes.
What a great recipe! I tripled the recipe using 3/4 cup for the noodles, for the two of us. We had just a little bit left over. I will definitely make again.
As the other reviewers said this is pure comfort food...so easy, creamy and great tasting. Made for DH and one for me and we gobbled them down. Definately going into my Favorites of 2014 and will be made often. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Thank you Annacia, you were so correct. This is an awesome recipe, quick and easy to make with terrific results. Beautiful creamy, cheesy macaroni, what a great comfort dish. I made two; one for me and one for dh. Even though he asked where the rest was, this was the perfect amount as a side to our meal. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2014.