This recipe is from: Executive Chef Bill Sauer - Delicias Restaurant, Rancho Santa Fe, Ca This is a very rich (6 cheese) macaroni and cheese recipe geared more for an adult taste with peas, prosciutto ham, and a sprinkling of black truffles. This is NOT a low fat dish, but it is truly a heavenly indulgence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces whole milk (2 cups)
- 32 ounces heavy cream (4 cups)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces fontina, shredded
- 2 ounces triple cream brie (or Saint-Andre cheese)
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup thin-sliced prosciutto ham, cut into strips (omit for vegetarian)
- 1 cup fresh green peas (or frozen peas, thawed)
- 24 ounces dry macaroni, cooked and well drained (elbows or penne)
- 1 tablespoon minced black truffle
- 1In a large saucepan, make a roux out of the butter and flour by melting the butter and adding the flour, mixing until smooth. Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes while mixing continuously.
- 2Slowly add the milk and then cream. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until mixture is nice and thick.
- 3Turn off the heat and whisk in the cheeses and sour cream in the following order: mozzarella, fontina, St. Andre, smoked Gouda, Parmesan, goat cheese, sour cream.
- 4In a large, separate sauce pan, saute the prosciutto until browned.
- 5Add the peas.
- 6Add the cheese sauce and cooked, drained macaroni, tossing to mix well.
- 7Plate, and garnish with the truffles.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese for Adults
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1364.2
- Calories from Fat 858
- Total Fat 95.4 g
- Saturated Fat 59.0 g
- Cholesterol 308.9 mg
- Sodium 1407.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 54.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
triple cream brie