Nancy Sneed's Note:
Comfort food, food for a crowd...yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in 3 quart or larger kettle, cook onion in butter until soft.
- 2Add flour mixed with salt, mustard, and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- 3Remove from heat, add milk, stirring or whisking continuously.
- 4Put back on heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in worcestershire sauce and cheese.
- 6Stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Mix with elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions.
- 8Bake in a 400°F oven in two buttered 11X15 shallow pans,or three buttered 2 quart casseroles, or two 3 qt casseroles.
- 9Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then covered for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 10Cover with aluminum foil is you don't have lids.
- 11If baked frozen, bake an additional 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese for 20-25
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 402.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 17.0 g