Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Comfort food, food for a crowd...yummy
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese for 20-25 recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in 3 quart or larger kettle, cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour mixed with salt, mustard, and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Remove from heat, add milk, stirring or whisking continuously.
- Put back on heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in worcestershire sauce and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Mix with elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions.
- Bake in a 400°F oven in two buttered 11X15 shallow pans,or three buttered 2 quart casseroles, or two 3 qt casseroles.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then covered for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil is you don't have lids.
- If baked frozen, bake an additional 20 minutes.
This is a terrific basic recipe for a large group mac and cheese. I followed your instructions completely and only added a bit of chopped up broccoli crowns as I was serving it to a group who needs all the extra nutrition they can get with veggies. Perfectly finished as explained in the instructions. Thanks for posting a recipe that I did not have to do any conversions so I could have 24 servings of the same dish! Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.