Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Very different; kid favorite.
Top Review by Bergy
This was so tasty - we loved it. As said different that regular Mac & Cheese but it was excellent - I used no fat sour cream & 2% cottage cheese. For the cheese I used 5 year aged cheddar mixed with Lite Havarti. Served with spinach & onions and sliced tomatoes. Great dinner for a Fall night
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse macaroni and set aside.
- Combine next 6 ingredients; add macaroni; and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.