Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
Here it is, from the pages of the Company's Coming Pasta cookbook..... A MAC'N'CHEESE DISH FOR GROWN-UPS!! YAY!!!! Lots of colour and flavour.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄2 quarts boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing (like mayo or Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper (or pimiento)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large uncovered saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water, oil, and salt until tender but firm, about 5-7 minutes. Drain and return macaroni to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix and pour into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
- Note: top with more grated cheddar if you wish, or melted butter mixed with dry bread crumbs.