Recipe by Clarchen
I threw this together earlier this week while trying to think of a good way to make macaroni and cheese for my in-laws for Thanksgiving.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 5 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- saltine crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni to package directions and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, heat milk, half and half, butter, and flour until mixture bubbles and thickens. Stir periodically.
- Remove from heat and add 4 cups of cheese, keeping 1 cup aside and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cooked macaroni in a buttered casserole dish while adding the cheese sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Crumble saltine crackers on top and add remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.