Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an off-brand box of Macaroni and Cheese. It has become a family staple as it is frugal, easy to make and delicious. A real kid pleaser.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 205.53 g box macaroni and cheese mix
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare box of macaroni and cheese as directed on the box.
- While preparing the macaroni and cheese, in a dutch oven brown the ground beef with the onion.
- After ground beef is browned, mix in the soup, milk, and prepared macaroni and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 greased pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minute or until the edges are bubbling.
- Let stand for 15 minutes then serve.
Definitely a great kid-pleaser meal. I used half lean ground beef and half turkey sausage. It was cheesy and filling. We had steamed broccoli on the side. Thanx for a nice way to spiff up a mac&cheese mix.